Want to know 5 simple steps that will have you on your way to glowing beautiful healthy skin in no time? Today I share with you my 5 top tips for how to achieve this. No expensive products required or outrageous procedures needed I promise!
5 steps to glowing skin:
- Dry Body Brush– this is a daily ritual that will have your skin soft, hydrated and smooth in no time. Dry body brushing sloths off the dead skin cells on the top of the skin that gives your skin a dry dull appearance to reveal plump healthy skin cells to the world. Body brushing also stimulates your lymphatic system which runs pretty much side by side your circulatory system but unlike the circulatory system your lymphatic system does not have a pump (the circulatory systems pump is the heart) so things like movement, massage and body brushing help move any toxins along that are being processed in the lymphatic system. This will mean that toxins are moved out quicker and you may avoid break-outs, cold and flu’s etc.
- Don’t eat at least 2 hours before bed– You know how people say ‘I need to get my beauty sleep’? Well those no lie in that. While we are sleeping our bodies bodies are heard at work and what they should be doing is repairing cells and replenishing our organs with delicious nutrients from the days meals. If you eat anywhere near going to bed our poor bodies do not have time to get their beauty work done as they are too busy metabolising and breaking down your late night dinner or snack. This can be one of the reasons why you wake tired if you are a late night dinner or snack eater, you are not allowing your body to have the rest it desperately needs.
- Drink lots of Water– I know people bang on about the importance of water all the time, but there is a good reason for it, what is our bodies best friend! Water hydrates our organs and plumps up our skin cells so that they are glowing, Water also helps sweep any gunk, toxins or waste out of our system. If we don’t drink enough of it you can suffer from dry dehydrated skin and even break outs as those toxins try and find a way out of the body
- Organic Food– The food we eat literally fuels our body. If we put junk in we get junk out energy wise, health wise and beauty wise. By feeding your body clean, nutritious food your whole body benefits and this means all of your organs are getting all of the nutrients they need without the toxic chemicals that only deplete our bodies and age our skin prematurely.
- Positive Thoughts– How you think effects your body baby. Every thought you think has a chemical reaction in your body. Fact. Stress causes our bodies to be on fight or flight alert storing precious nutrients & fat so at a moments notice it is ready. Lack of sleep from stress, depression, anxiety effect our bodies healing and renewal time. Also have you noticed that the worse we feel about ourselves & life the worse we treat our bodies? We automatically are attracted to bad food, alcohol, late nights, and other self destructive behaviour aren’t we? If we clean up our toxic thoughts we automatically clean up our behaviour & therefore glow from the inside out with gorgeous healthy bodies & skin. Yay! It’s a win-win!
To health & beauty,
Photo used under Creative Commons from Matthew Kenwrick